Thursday, March 8, 2012

December 2011

‎"Ummm, Chef Mom. I would like something to drink with my breakfast." "Well, Chef Noah. Come over here and get the glass of milk I poured for you."
"Im not a CHEF. I'm a CUSTOMER so I need you to bring me my milk."
Wrong answer.....

Noah was grabbing things right and left in Target and I kept telling him no and putting them back. He said (in exasperation)..I don't get ANYTHING. I said "well, Noah, when we get home we'll get out the paper and look at the job openings. Once you have a job and make your own money you can buy anything you want." "ANYTHING?" "Yes, Noah. After you give some money at church and put some in savings you can buy anything." He looked at me with wide eyes and said "then on Friday I can buy some water." Yes...b/c I don't feed or water my child on a regular basis, he needs to get a job so he can afford to buy himself water...


Celebrating our family Christmas. Noah came down stairs, saw his bike by the tree and simply stated "oh look. a bike. So now can we open the other presents?' Terry replied "It's a bike for you!' "YEAH, I know. I'll ride it later." Somehow that played out a bit differently in my head as I stood beside the stacks of bikes at 10pm on Black Friday..



As my babysitter walked out the door yesterday Noah thoughtfully asked... "mom, can we have TWO mommies?" Who else did you want as your mommy, I asked... Anya (our babysitter). At least he didn't ask if he could trade me in for a better mommy.



Why is it that Noah's level of helplessness and whining is directly related to how late we're running and how much attention Grace is getting? This morning it was "Mom, I need help getting dressed. I just CANT do it!" I look over to see the 4 yo "trying" to put his clothes on over his flannel PJs. Ugh...once again late to preschool.





Forget the final 2 weeks, I'm yankin' his karate card. The class started with so much promise (after the total verbal beating/threats he got from home to Verona)..and spiraled downward. Noah was pulled aside for a little 1:1 remediation, I asked the owner if we could forget the last few weeks for now and use them to re eval in the summer (he thought that was a good idea). Did I mention I forgot his belt? On the way out some innocent bystander said "hey buddy, what happened to your belt?" I channeled some sort of borderline psychotic when I yelled over Grace's screaming as we went out the door "his awesome mom forgot it b/c she was too busy with her other kid."



After an extra ADHD karate class this afternoon we met with the owner who basically said he's kicking Noah out of the class for now. All parties are in agreement that the child is not able to focus for the full 30 min consistently. (and watching him practice drives me insane). So we're taking a few months off and will re evaluate in the summer/fall. but he keeps the uniform and will finish his last 2 weeks. I'm thinking the 3 hugs he gave the instructor while he was trying to teach him punches and blocks may have been a deciding factor....



Attempt #1 to get our Christmas tree was an epic fail. Noah just SCREAMED and refused to walk through the field (Grace just laughed at him). Terry finally snapped and dragged him back to the car. So much for our only day to put up our tree and set up our decorations. Guess I'll be doing it by myself at midnight....


Noah just got his birthday present from his grandparents. My little Toy Story fan loves his Woody doll. However, it makes Terry and I pause each time he states "I'm so happy!! I've got a Woody."

No comments:

Post a Comment