Thursday, March 8, 2012

Feb 2012

It made me laugh when Noah was playing Lego Pirates of the Caribbean on the Wii and he asked Terry for help. He handed Terry the other remote and said "come on Dad. you can be my side kick." Won't be too many more years and I will have to be the one who shuts off the video games and orders them both to bed.



I crawled into bed and cuddled up to Noah at 0700 this am (figured it was nicer than turning on the light and pulling off the covers). His sleepy response was "Ugh. Mommy, why do you cuddle on me all day long??" I said "because I love you and love to cuddle you." He turned around, hugged me and said, "yeah... I love you too."


I am always running late and telling Noah "we're going to be late, hurry up. We're late." Last night I was trying to get out of the house and was (once again) running late. As I am rushing around I say "noah, guess what mommy is tonight..." He looks at me thoughtfully and replies "WalMart mom?"


Had a lady from California Closets come out and look at a couple closets, including our walk in. She came out and said, "you must be a stay at home mom. I see you don't have many clothes hanging..." Trying to decide what to think about that statement..... I said, I'm a nurse and I live in scrubs and PJ pants. Besides, I'm not buying clothes until I am done having kids. Guess we're a little more "people of Wal Mart" than her normal clients.

How do you start your morning? With a cup of coffee? Eggs and bacon? Nothing says good morning like your 4 yo doing a modified version of downward dog requesting that you check to make sure he wiped good enough after his 20 min poop/book reading session....

Noah was whining and asking for help with his socks (which I normally refuse to help him with--he's 4 he can get his own darn socks on) When I asked what was wrong he said that he was having trouble getting his socks on straight and they (the socks) were making fun of him....so I needed to help him put on his socks so they would stop laughing at him.
Then he shut his imaginary door to the dinning room and told Grace that she needed to leave, he was getting dressed and needed "privacy".

Noah is the most healthy one in the house. Looks like it's time for him to man up.
On the way to preschool today he said "So, Mom. Someday when I am on TV do I get to be in charge and tell people what to do?" I said, " yes, Noah. If you are on TV someday you can go ahead and tell people what to do." I guess I should clarify if he's looking at acting, athletics or perhaps, America's Most Wanted...


Just what I needed after a crappy shift...to come home and find Terry, Noah and Grace watching Top Gear and Noah laughing hysterically.


No comments:

Post a Comment